Dienstag, 4. Juni 2013

Magic Sunday


 On Sunday morning a friend of mine called me and asked if I wanted to go to a magic show with her as someone couldn’t come along and they had already bought the tickets. At first I was sceptic because I am not really into magic (or at least I thought so). I never watched any magic shows on TV when I was a child and the one time I got a magician’s equipment for my birthday it just landed in my cupboard and I never played with it.

Nevertheless I agreed to go there because, to be honest, I didn’t have anything better to do on a Sunday evening. And I’m glad I did!



The show startet at 7 p.m. and lasted until 10.30. The entrance fee was very reasonable and the show was just amazing. There were 5 quite young (20-30 years old) magicians who did magic tricks – but it was a comedy show at the same time. Of course it is clear that there was nothing magic about their tricks but they were just so astonishingly good! I was watching closely and concentrated on finding out how they manage to do this stuff but I just couldn’t. At the end of the show they explained one trick but even there they introduced a new trick and the audience didn’t get how they did it.



Magic Sunday takes place every first Sunday of a month in the theater “Lechthaler-Belic”. Unfortunately this was the last show before summer; they will be back in fall. The five magicians have all been rewarded with several prices. One of them (Paul Sommersguter) even came out second at the European Magician Competition!

Here’s a clip to show you his fascinating work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWIx1C9otSw
(I'm sorry, I had to insert the link because blogger can't find the video on youtube.)

I really recommend going there to everyone. Everybody in the audience was captivated by the show and in my opinion it could have lasted even longer than three hours ;)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen